Thursday, April 2, 2009

Warm Rosey Mittens

 

Two days ago, I finished these mittens which I began knitting last Friday. They're my first pair and I'm very pleased with them! These are for my younger sister who rather enjoys their coziness. I did these in a Fibonacci stripe sequence of 2, 3, 5, and 8 rows rotated among my three colors.


My current project is another pair of mittens for myself (purple and pink, my favorite colors! =).Once I finished these, I'll be knitting as many pairs as I'm able -- as I find time -- for orphans in Moldova. The McCurdy's, missionaries in Moldova, have a ministry with a local orphanage. They give presents to the children every Christmas; just recently, I was approached about knitting different things for this purpose. I'm ever so glad to put my needles to such a good use! 



As soon as I'm able to take pictures I'll post photos of a pair of hunter green socks I made for my dad. I'm pretty excited about those! =) I can't wait to make more. 

PATTERN DETAILS 

Title: Toasty Knitted Mittens 
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease 
Colors: Rose Heather, Seaspray, and Mushroom

No comments: