Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Card for My Mother

 

I made this card for my siblings and I to give to our mom on Mother's Day. I had not creatively played with Mom's stash of rubber stamps, myriad of delightsome patterned papers, and other pretty doodads in quite some time, therefore my evening of construction was most enjoyable. I performed this deed sneakily so as to prevent Mom's beforehand discovery. When we presented it to her, she hadn't a clue as to when it was made. (giggles with glee)

I also crocheted a bitty purple flower to tie about the envelope. By the by, purple is my Mom's favorite color, and it is mine, as well. =)

I thank the Lord for my wise, loving mother who has been a faithful helpmeet to my dad and has followed him as he has led our family in God's will. She has been cheerfully flexible and has willingly "made do" and "done without," a priceless attitude for a missionary's wife in the Arctic. She takes joy in serving God and reaching out to the people He has called us to. "Yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy." (Prov. 31:20) I'm thankful for her constant prayers, instruction, and encouragement. I love you, Mom!

Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

No comments: