Monday, June 29, 2009

A Birthday Bear

 

Today is my little sister's birthday. Already she is eleven years old. As she grows in height, I feel as though my five-foot frame is shrinking. Another three inches and she'll have passed me up! (chuckle)

I'm so thankful for my little sister. So often I fail in being the big sister she needs. So often I find myself irritated, impatient, and short toward her. The Lord is daily teaching me to be lovingly patient. "Charity suffereth long, and is kind." Oh, how very lovingly patient the Lord is with me!

After Bonnie opened her other presents this morning, I told her to look inside my pink knitting bag. Hidden in the bottom, buried beneath balls of yarn, was the white fuzzy creature that you see in the photos. She was very pleased and, as all little (and big) girls do exclaim, "Awww! How cute!" She promptly named him Snowball.

I had such fun creating the little six-inch fellow! My rough idea for it was inspired by a crocheted bear pattern. I plan to make more cuddly creatures in the future. As number two is being constructed, I shall encipher my pattern and share it here once completed.

Wouldn't you just love to hug it? =D


Charity... beareth all things.

2 comments:

Naomi Ungry said...

Transferred from my previous blog

Under Southern Skies said...

Aww, that's so cute! Did you use a pattern?

Naomi Ungry said...

Thank you. =) I used a pattern for my rough idea (head and body as one piece with arms and ears attached). I just made my pattern up as I went along, judging the number of stitches to make or decrease according to width. As I said in the post, the next time I make a bear I'll write down my pattern so I can share it. =)