Saturday, November 14, 2009

Needy Hearts


Here are the three final pairs of mittens I made for the Moldovan orphan children. These were fashioned for tiny hands (between five and eight inches in length). In all, I was able to knit fifteen pairs in all different sizes and colors. Fifteen... so few among the 300 children. How I wish there were some way I could have knitted enough mittens to warm each and every pair of hands!


This week, we received a current prayer letter from the McCurdy's, the missionary family in Moldova that we support. I love reading missionary letters! There is no excitement equaling that of hearing of the Lord's work in different countries, of the souls that are being saved and of the lives the Holy Spirit is changing. The McCurdy's told of their plans and preparations for the Christmas program they will be doing at the orphanage next month. Many of the teenagers in the orphanage will be a part of the play which they will be putting on. They included several photos taken during last year's Christmas program. It was sobering to actually see how many needy children there are in that single orphanage. So needy for daily comforts we take for granted. So needy for family and security and love. Because of the McCurdys' faithful outreach, they are being told of the Savior's love and how they can be adopted by the most wonderful Father there is, a Father to Whom they can go to for every need and in every circumstance! If you think to, please keep the McCurdy's and their orphanage ministry in your prayers. Especially pray that the Lord will work in many hearts during the Christmas program.

2 comments:

Naomi Ungry said...

Transferred from my previous blog

Rachel said...

Aww, that's so sweet of you Naomi! :) I too love to knit for others! :D I make baby hats mostly for my grandmother's needlework guild. They give out new clothes and homemade items to different organizations. :) I love that my hats are being worn by people and I pray over each one as I make it. :) I too wish I could do more and knit faster and things. It's hard to give what only seems like a little when there are soooo many who have needs in this world. :) 15 pairs is no small task dear and I am sure the Lord will use those mittens in wonderful ways! :D

Blessings to you!
~Rachel~

Naomi Ungry said...

Thank you for your encouragement, Rachel! I enjoyed hearing about your knitting activity. =) It truly is a joy to give knitted things to those who are needy or to just express our care and love for others.

The LORD bless you!

Miss Naomi