Saturday, January 2, 2010

Craft Fair Projects, Part 1


Hinted at in my previous post were some projects featuring buttons. I'm pleased to present several recently knitted items created specifically for a craft fair which took place in my village last month. Keeping in a constant (and frantic!) knitting mode for an entire month was a challenge, I must say. I'm ever so glad I was able to accomplish what I did, however! =)


Above and to the left is a red and purple iSock, made respectively with Microspun and Cupcake yarns, an ideal item for protecting iPods and iTouches. sold After arriving at a basic idea for the construction, I guessed my way through the piece. The main body was knitted in the round and finished with kitchner stitching. At the back of the opening, I picked-up-and-knitted slightly less than the total width, allowing space on either side for an earbuds cord to pass through. Lastly, I crocheted a chain hole for this iSock's perfect button (after I laboriously hunted for that same perfect button for a good twenty minutes =D). For the record, I don't own an iPod--but I almost wish I did since my iSock pattern turned out oh so cute!


The project which required the most time was a luxurious wide broiche scarf made with Homespun.  It measured 3-3/4 feet long. It was so lovely. (sigh) I'm glad it sold.


This cute, girly scarf (right) knitted up quickly. It was made with Fun Fur yarn and was sold to a pretty little Eskimo girl. =)


(Not made by me. =)


I finally learned how to knit a cable stitch! It was so incredibly easy! Cabling is simply crossing at least one stitch over another, creating an elegant twisting design. It was perfect for this lovely little purse which would come in handy for keeping tiny items (coins, cough drops) from being lost in the dim recesses of a larger purse. sold


I created two precious infant baby bonnets in delicate pastel colors. They would keep a sweet baby's head very toasty. Both bonnets are unsold.


I'm considering opening an Etsy shop eventually. Apparently, several of my knitted things did not sell. I have plans for future projects, too. Obviously things begin to pile up... here a scarf, there a pair of socks, hidden in dark chest in purposeless uselessness. Etsy looks to be a great website for selling (and buying) handcrafted items. It's certainly worth an attempt!

Part 2 of my other sold and unsold craft fair projects will be posted at a later date.

4 comments:

Naomi Ungry said...

Transferred from my previous blog

Faith said...

Your work is always so beautiful! I am glad you learned how to cable. Isn't it a lot easier than you thought it would be?

Naomi Ungry said...

Thank you for your comment, Faith! Cabling was a whole lot easier than it appeared. There are so many lovely varieties to the technique, too.

Naomi Ungry said...

Johanna said...

Oh how pretty! Do you etsy your things? If not I really think you should consider, you are so talented!

Your Loving Sister in Christ,

Johanna

Naomi Ungry said...

Johanna,

Thank you muchly for your kind and caring comment! =) I do indeed plan to open an Etsy shop in the not-too-distant future. I'm excited to begin!

In Christ,

Miss Naomi