Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Praise from a Blessed Heart

Blessed be the Lord
who daily loadeth us with benefits
even the God of our salvation. Selah.

{ Psalms 68:19 }


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above
and cometh down from the Father of lights, 
with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning

{ James 1:17 }

The Lord gave these simple, precious words to me within this hour. How good He is! I was humming and singing 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus, and, as some other thoughts came together, this poem from my heart came into being. It can be sung appropriately to the tune of 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus, or even What a Friend We Have in Jesus.

Oh, I ought to praise the Savior,
Dwell upon His boundless love,
Knowing ev'ry gift I'm given
Comes from God in Heav'n above.
    Praise the Lord! Oh, I must bless Him!
    How He's blessed me o'er and o'er!
    Glory to my precious Savior!
    Oh, I ought to praise Him more!
Oh, I ought to praise the Savior,
Lift His glorious Name on high.
He is great, and loves so greatly;
Ev'ry need He doth supply.

Yes, I ought to praise the Savior;
Why be downcast when He's near?
His joy fills the heart with music,
His love dries up ev'ry tear.

Bless His Name! How rich the goodness
Which He daily loads on me!
May His praises e'er be ringing,
E'en throughout eternity.

~ Naomi Ungry
February 2, 2010


Why art thou cast down, O my soul?
and why art thou disquieted within me?
hope thou in God:
for I shall yet praise him,
who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

{ Psalms 42:11 }

In the photos: Wildflowers from the Fairbanks, Alaska area

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Beautiful, Naomi! =)Everything about this blog is lovely...like you, my friend!

Anonymous said...

I agree with my sister, Naomi. Your blog is beautiful...as you are. Most importantly, your inward beauty shines through and it is something very, very special.

God bless you!

Lydia Huussen

Naomi Ungry said...

Hannah and Lydia, you bless my heart! I thank the the Lord for allowing me to enjoy your sweet fellowship. Your sweet, Godly examples have encouraged me over and over. I love you both! =)

God bless the dear Huussen sisters!

Naomi