Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for...

1. My family's new camera which brings Your wondrous works of creation into sharper, closer focus -- and for the excellent price we purchased it at. It is a superior tool and I am so grateful for it! May it be used for Your glory alone.

2. The warm home you have given us -- it is a refuge from this evil world, and shelter from last weekend's blizzard, besides.

 
3. My hardworking dad and brother; they shoulder the heaviest loads with determination.





4. The pure elation on the faces of Eskimo children as they swiftly slide down a pile of snow.




5. Calling my family to the Eskimo people -- for the unsurpassed privilege of pointing them to the Savior -- for allowing us to have a part in their lives for all eternity. Please pray for my family as we seek to win them to the Lord.


6. The sunlight which is again flooding my home with radiant LIGHT! That the darkness of winter is far behind us, and that we snow have 10-1/2 hours of visible daylight -- three days in a row! Glory be! "Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun." (Ecc. 11:7)

7. The songs from Scripture which You have given to me (seven, to date). They are the most meaningful, comforting, and praiseworthy songs I can sing because they come directly from the Word of Life!


Sing them over again to me,
Wonderful Words of Life,
Let me more of their beauty see,
Wonderful Words of Life.

8. Forty-nine wonderful pictures, taken a few years ago, sent to us recently from precious fellow laborers of the Lord -- for the encouraging memories of that time that are forever etched in my memory.


9. Wednesdays to catch up on college assignments and to accomplish tasks about the house.

10. Brightly colored, juicy fruit that bespeaks LIFE. For giving me life eternal in Your Son -- the greatest gift I have or ever will receive. For each day and every moment.


And this is life eternal
that they might know thee 
the only true God, and Jesus Christ, 
whom thou hast sent.

{ John 17:3 }

2 comments:

Ashley Sebo said...

Hi Naomi!

Those were some lovely photos! I'm sorry I left off commenting on your blog but, I'm still here!:)

It's so neat to see your family out there working with the Eskimo people for the sake of sharing Christ's gospel with them!!:) Do you think you'd be willing to post about everyday life out there? I'd love to read more about it!:)

Have a wonderful evening!:)

Naomi Ungry said...

Ashley,

Your comments always bless me. I'd love to share more experiences and happenings of our ministry... when time permits me to. =) I prefer to keep details minimal on the blogosphere but I'm certain there are many things I could share which others might enjoy reading about. Thank you for your interest and encouragement!

The LORD bless you!

Naomi