Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lord, Today I am Grateful for...

11. The rapturous sunset of Monday, February 22, the first my eyes beheld since November.


12. Delicate, feather-like ice crystals on the window, vividly aglow with the setting sun. For manifold beauties so intricate and diverse which I admire and appreciate.


13. Keeping the church vehicle running throughout the harsh Arctic winter! Praise God that we can continue to pick up folks for services!


14. Progress. Though my ascent is ever so scarce, although I often fall back, He promises "[I] shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth [me] with His hand." (Ps. 37:24) Hallelujah, what a Savior!

"A truly humble man is sensible of his natural distance from God; of his dependence on Him; of the insufficiency of his own power and wisdom; and that it is by God's power that he is upheld and provided for, and that he needs God's wisdom to lead and guide him, and His might to enable him to do what he ought to do for Him." -- Jonathan Edwards

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.


I'm pressing on the upward way,
New heights I'm gaining ev'ry day,
Still praying as I'm onward bound,
"Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."

15. Your divine purposes which far exceed my understanding but are always perfect. For your faithfulness to plan, protect, provide for me and my family. For encouraging me in Your Word when I can otherwise only despair, and for assuring me of Your flawless, loving wisdom. LORD, You are truly great and mighty!

Oh how great is thy goodness,
which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee;
which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee
before the sons of men!

{ Psalm 31:19 }

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God!
how great is the sum of them!

{ Psalm 139:17 }

16. A very dear friend who has been faithful, encouraging, and helpful during a time of great need.

17. Warm, delicious, filling food. For the delights of menu planning and dinner preparation!

18. Rebukes from the Word. For bringing me to the end of myself time and again as You reveal to me the deepness of my sin and my need. For making me complete in Thee according to abounding grace. "But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound" (Rom. 5:20). Though I cannot see the end of my sin, His grace reaches into infinity! One glorious day my sin will be finally demolished and defeated, but His grace will forever abound toward me in ways I cannot comprehend this side of Heaven. "That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus." (Eph. 2:7) Glory!

19. Jesus the Gift. I learned an incredible truth in my Fear of the Lord class today! God is an exact, perfect God, and His purposes are often hidden. Proverbs 30:4 questions, "Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?" God did not leave these great questions unanswered, particularly the question regarding His Son's name! According to my professor, by taking the twenty-second letters consecutively throughout this verse in Hebrew, you arrive with the word, "Yeshua Shai."  "What is his son's name?" Jesus the Gift. (Wow, wow, WOW!!!) In the Old Testament, written 1,000 years before Jesus Christ was born, God revealed the name of His only begotten Son which He gave because He so loved the world, "that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) That just blew me away! The Lord is amazing! And oh, what a Gift -- one I could never hope to receive apart from His grace!

20. Reminding me to give thanks to You. How it turns me around when I have a sour outlook upon circumstances! You are so worthy, Lord.

In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus concerning you.

{ I Thesselonians 5:18 }

4 comments:

Dakota Covey said...

Hello,

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I enjoy your blog, especially your pictures.
I also saw that you get comments from "miss mouse" and I was wondering if you knew what happened to her blog?

Thanks for your time,
sarah

Naomi Ungry said...

Hello!

Thank you for your kind comment. =) Hannah, "Miss Mouse," has chosen to make her blog private due to persistent unsolicited comments. It was very unfortunate, especially since so many were encouraged by her uplifting blog, but it was a decision the Lord led her to make. If you wish, I can contact Hannah and let her know you might be interested in receiving an invitation to view her blog.

God bless!

Miss Naomi

Dakota Covey said...

Thank you, I would like to be able to continue reading her blog! It was encouraging to read about her courtship story, and such.

Thanks again,
sarah

http://prov31allmydays.blogspot.com

Naomi Ungry said...

P.S. Of course she may or may not be allowing people she doesn't personally know to read her blog. Just wished to make that clear. =)