Monday, November 15, 2010

O Lord, I Need to Thank You for...

41. The thankful Pharisee in Luke 18 who actually helped me today by making realize what a hopeless sinner I am.

42. And the publican who, like me, realized how needy we are of Your mercy.

43. Answers to prayer that are better than the best I can think of.

44. When I pray that You would humble me, You send me trials that stir up my pride and force me to see if I am truly sincere in my desire for a meek and quiet spirit.

45. When I see Your hand in sending me those trials, for the grace You give to lay down myself and do what pleases You. And then you give me such a joy I can't express!

46. Many other such answers to prayer!

47. Giving me another day of life.

48. The missionaries to Malawi, Africa who will arrive on Thursday and be with us until Monday. I'm encouraged already! That our people will have the opportunity to hear about Your work in a land so distant and different from ours, and of the precious souls there who need You just as much as they do.

49. The fifteen children to came to Sunday Bible Time yesterday afternoon! I love them so much, dear Lord. For their sweet, happy faces that I love to look into as I lead them in singing songs to You each week. For their open hearts. Their faithfulness. Their rapt attention as Mom tells stories of Bible heroes that they never knew existed, causing me to marvel at the incredible "His-stories" of Your Word which I take for granted. For their excitement as they shoot their hands into the air, hoping to be the one picked to answer a review question. They are learning from Your Word and I am so thrilled, Lord! What a priceless privilege it is to love these precious children whom You love so much.


50. Your will for me today: To serve You with gladness.

No comments: