Monday, January 10, 2011

Count Your Blessings

When upon life's billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Edwin Excell

I am commanded to give thanks in everything. Yes, every thing. The downright bad things as well as the really good things.

To say "Thank You, Lord!" for:

A blank, ominously dark computer screen this morning.

The dread that filled my heart, turned into such relief because of...

A solution discovered. (Yay for Google!)

The mind of Jesus working in me, turning my whole attitude around.

A way to back up valuable files.

Being forced to do something that I've put off for quite some time. (wink)

Another laptop to use in the meantime.

Quietness that stills my soul and helps me to reflect and realize, "Wow, God has been good through this!"

Fresh understanding of the foolishness of my heart.

Lessons my Lord teaches me in conciously acknowledging and choosing to be grateful for the disguised things He does for me. Even when I don't understand, unlike this situation. Like the song says, I get surprised by my good and loving Lord! =)

What wonderful things He does for me,
Though only one step each day I see,
The joy of my life indeed is He,
Oh, what a dear friend is Jesus!


71-80. It's truly amazing what praising can do!

To give unto [me]...
the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness...
t h a t  H e  m i g h t  b e  g l o r i f i e d .

Isaiah 61:3

No comments: