Friday, February 4, 2011

A Bright, Busy, Beautiful Day

Yesterday was a busy but blessed one. We started it off at 9:30 AM by hauling several tubs full of groceries home. The day progressed into the loveliest, sunniest day we've seen since the first week of November. I love the rosey hues of an Arctic sunrise but nothing compares to true, beaming sunlight. Oh, it was so bright, so clear, so glorious, so invigorating. However, as our house was flooded with the brightness from the heavens, I was appalled to realize how dusty our house was. (cringe) Dusting has never been a favorite chore but we keep up with it. Even so, when you don't have good lighting, the surface of furniture tends to be overlooked far more than it would normally. (chuckle) Ah, it felt wonderful to dust everything in sight today. How much better it is, though, to have the Son shine His brightness upon the "dust" of your heart. How much more wonderful is the cleansing work of the Holy Spirit! "Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults." (Ps. 19:12)

Sunlight completely transforms your world. My camera has been rather still during the dark winter months. It makes me so happy to find beauty to capture once again!

The outside of our windows were so dusty that I found it impossible to get a decent shot of the world's beautiful brightness. And I just couldn't stay indoors on such a beautiful day! So I bundled up and stepped into the light. This is what I saw...

Dear old Duke

The Arctic Ocean engulfed in ice

See the crack in that gigantic block of snow/ice? It would be incredible to walk through it but I am not stepping one foot on that frozen ocean. =)

Sparkles in the snow

A man working on a transformer box 

I know what that gray thing is thanks to my dad's information. =)


Plumes of smoke illumined by the sun

Beautiful sunbeams and shadows


And one very happy girl named Naomi

After my refreshing excursion I found a few great indoor subjects.


The hydrometer of our barometer


Scrimshaw on whale baleen

Oh, what a wonderful day it was! The Lord made it so beautiful.

1 comment:

julie fink said...

The picture are breathtaking. I'm so fascinated by the area in which you live.