Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bagels & Biscotti

I got my Saturday baking all caught up last week but I was itching to be in the kitchen today anyway. There are a dozen new recipes I've been wanting to experiment for a while, so I decided to work on a few today.


Whole wheat bagels. They've sounded like so much fun since I found a recipe a few months ago, and it was definitely fun. They turned out a bit on the tough side and are rather "rustic-looking," if you know what I mean. =) But they taste amazing and I can't wait to make them again. Hopefully with the next batch I'll be able to improve their their texture and appearance.


Cinnamon biscotti. Yum. Perfectly crunchy, only slightly sweet (due to my modifications), fragrant of delightful cassia... and out of this world dipped in a mug of hot coffee!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks very yummy, Naomi!

Thank you for your email(s)! I will be writing back as soon as I get the chance!~

Lord bless you!!

Southern Sunrise said...

Mmm! Biscotti is so delicious. I should get back to baking more often!