Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cozy Handwarmers


I knitted these fingerless mittens for myself about a year ago. I use them every morning during the cold months (which is just about seven months out of the year).


I plan to (eventually) share the pattern I developed for these fingerless mittens. I made mine with a long cuff (about four inches up my wrist) so they add some extra warmth and tuck under my sleeves better. The other end reaches my knuckles. You can't see in the pictures, but I cabled the tops -- just to make them pretty. =)

I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease yarn to knit these, a wonderful blend of wool and acrylic. Wool-Ease is probably my favorite type of yarn! I've used it a lot. The colors I used for my handwarmers are cranberry, dark rose heather, and blush heather (aren't those lovely names?)

No comments: