Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm Thankful the Water Is Out

For ten reasons.

We were prepared. We have two or three seven-gallon jugs filled up with water.

We've done this before. I am so spoiled, folks! When we lived in the village of Ruby, we were without running water for a year. How quickly one becomes accustomed to a life of ease. =D

I'm reminded not to take running water for granted. I mean, we live in a little village in Alaska! I need to realize that the fact we do have running water at all is an incredible provision. Thank You, Lord!

We were able to easily heat water to wash dishes.

The combined efforts of six hands to get those dishes sparkling and put away. Our time around the kitchen sink wasn't quite as light-hearted as usual -- no humming and whistling was heard -- but we managed to keep up a good spirit regardless.

I'll have some interesting stories to tell my children. Won't they be impressed with Mommy? =)

I just might have to do things like this on a regular basis someday. You just never know how or where the Lord might lead.

I should be able to get a shower tomorrow. (Please, please, PLEASE! Four days is just TOO much.)

Progress is being made in keeping up the maintenance of our village's water system. I'd much rather suffer just a day or two without water than weeks without water. Yes, indeed.

I find it is true! I can "in every thing give thanks"! You give me joy even when things don't go my way. Because life always happens the way You've planned.

86-95. Blessings abound!

No comments: