Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What I'm Thankful For Today

Light in the sky from the moment I awake, beaming into our home all through the day, softly glowing in my bedroom as I drift off to sleep. I love this time of year. The terrible darkness of winter is past! It's a glimpse of Heaven.

Laughter. It truly doeth good like a medicine. 

Joy and rejoicing in the house of God, and the blessing of cheerfulness.


Correction. Because I need it and it's good for me. =)

My God who specializes in miracles. "Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things." (Ps. 72:18) He never does things according to the ordinary! Everything He does is wondrous! He "is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think." (Eph 3:20)

Grand old hymns written by Eliza E. Hewitt, especially Our Father's on the Throne. That song has been making melody in my heart so often lately. It reminds me that He really does have everything under control.

This amazing website I just found! Historic Hymnals. Wow, what a treasure trove! Oh, just take a look at this wonderful old song. Isn't that good!?

Answers to prayer that will come. He promises, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." (Jer. 33:3) He tells us to ask. I'm beginning to learn it doesn't hurt to do that, because He is too faithful to disappoint. He is our Heavenly Father, we are His children. If He chooses not to give us what we ask for, it is only because He has something better in mind! He is worthy of my trust in His choice of what is best.

He gets all the glory when I ask and He answers!

God's perfect plan for my life. "Blessed is he who has never thwarted the working of the divine ideal." (F.B. Meyer)


Many projects to fill my days with. 

Material blessings in such abundance that I can share them with others.

Counting those good and perfect gifts... 96-108.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Some very wonderful things to be thankful for, Naomi!:)

I especially agree with you on prayer being answered. What a special promise! To know that God will always answer in His time.

Southern Sunrise said...

Thank you so much for sharing the link to "Historic Hymnals"! I love old hymns, and will definitely enjoy looking over these!

Robert D. Schramm said...

Thank you so much for your kind words about Historic Hymnals. My hope in creating the site was that it would bring blessing to the visitors. And now I know that it has done that.