Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Cheerful Little Soul

Sunday evening, about 9:30 PM, my sister and spotted a snowbird on the sled outside our bedroom window, happily munching some yummy birdseed we had so generously provided. After numerous failed attempts to photograph the birds while eating, I determined this time I would not fail. I hopped into my pink rubber break-up boots, slung on a jacket, and grabbed the camera while rushing out our two back doors. As I crept around the house, icy snow crunching much-too-noisily beneath my booted feet, I readied the camera.

There he is! "Sorry to disturb your meal, Mr. Snowbird, but will you please hang around for a few minutes so I can get a few beautiful pictures of beautiful you?" =)

"Okay! Just let me waddle up here so you can get a better shot." I have never met a more agreeable or friendly snowbird.

(gasp) Isn't he exquisite? Just look at the beautiful detail the Great Creator put into his patterned feathers!


(shiver, shiver) The wind was nasty cold. I'll try not to keep you too long, Mr. Snowbird!

(sigh) The snow flurries just MADE these photos. I love it!

Brr! Better tuck those feathers in nice and tight!


I'm so glad God put birds in the sky. The world is so lonely without them flitting about, filling the air with their glory songs. They're such cheerful little souls.

Mr. Snowbird, you were a wonderful model and you just made my day! =) I really couldn't believe it when he started hopping around to the exact the spots where I wanted him, as if he was posing. I got some beautiful shots! I think the Lord had something to do with it. What a good gift from above!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Naomi! He IS simply adorable! How neat to be able to get such close shots! It's always challenging to get shots like these. I have tried at certain times to sneak up and get the desired photos but sometimes I'm just too noisy! The Lord is good to make those moments perfect for us to snap!

Btw, I am sorry to take so long to answer your email! It's been very busy but I have much to tell you about so hopefully it will make up for the length of time I have taken to get it to you.:)

Lauralea said...

Mr. Snowbird is downright CUTE! He was a perfect model, his colors go with the post well.
I can't imagine the world without birds. (It would be boring... that's all I know)
My cats pose for me, too. :-)