Thursday, June 9, 2011

God's Wonderful Word





Music by Patti Vaillant 

Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them.
The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for thy commandments.
Look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me.

I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep thy statutes.
I cried unto thee; save me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.
I prevented the dawning of the morning, and cried.
Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
LORD, I have hoped for thy salvation, and done thy commandments.
My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly.
I have kept thy precepts: for all my ways are before thee.

Let my cry come near before thee: give me understanding.
I have longed for thy salvation; and thy law is my delight.
Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.
My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Psalm 119:129-132, 145-148, 165-169, 174, 175, 172

In the photo: Flowers on a bush of the Penstemon genus, covered in lovely dew.

No comments: