Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nalukataq: Jesus Loves the Little Children

...And so do I! =)

I had so much fun watching the little ones and capturing their adorable faces on my camera. These children mean so much to me. Several of the children in the pictures below come regularly to our Sunday Bible Time, which is probably my very favorite thing that happens each week. I love making them yummy snacks. I love leading them in singing songs. I love teaching them amazing stories from the Bible! I love praying for them... praying that they will each come to know Christ as their personal Savior, that they will grow up coming faithfully to church and living for Him, that they will each know the goodness that God gives. These children are such special people and my mom, sister, and I are so, so blessed to have a part in leading them to know the Lord.


Two sweet girls who sat next to my family at Nalukataq.


Have I mentioned that I think that parka is just beautiful?

Cora's little grandson playing in the dirt like all little boys do. =)


Lining up to get apples and oranges

 Ain't she a darlin'?



My sister Emily and I got so tickled over watching this little boy play. He is so cute! His cool green shades might have had something to do with it. =)

Don't you love his hat? He's a vital part of Iceberg 14, too! =D





Am I seeing double? =) Kayla's jacket and the little girl's in the photo above are identical.


Someone sure is enjoying her apple! Most of the children had little interest in them -- they were hungry for cupcakes! (chuckle)


Oops! You're about to take a bite into the wrong one, honey! =)


Oh my! =D My sister and I laughed so hard as we watched poor little Trevor struggle and juggle his fruit! I'm so glad I got it on camera. It was one of those priceless moments. =)

Now, tell me you didn't crack even the tiniest grin. =)

Noah's looking a bit tuckered out. So much excitement would do that to anybody!



Yay! It's time for cupcakes and Jello! 


Cupcakes make little boys so happy!

This is Tera, Kayla's twin sister.


Jessica licking the frosting off her cupcake. =)

Laura and her little sister


Ha! Look at that tongue! =D



Children are such a blessing. They give me so much joy. These little ones are the future of this village. It is so important that we reach these precious souls for Jesus during the tender years of childhood. It breaks my heart to think of them growing up and experiencing the pain and hopelessness of life lived apart from Him. Please pray that the Lord will use us to make a difference in their lives for eternity.

No comments: