Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cozy Purple Legwarmers


I finished knitting these cute leg warmers about a month ago and finally got around to taking some photos yesterday. The pattern came out of Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. I combined two different-colored strands of yarn for these -- lavender and a very light pink. I'm really pleased by how well they blended together! I had fun learning a new technique, knitting in the round, as I started. I figured they were a bit snug for my size as they began to take shape, so I decided to make them for my little sister. It seemed an eternity before I finally finished them; creating thousands of stitches, though enjoyable, can at times be monotonous. =)

PATTERN DETAILS

Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson: Super Easy Leg Warmers
Yarn: Lion Brand "Cupcake" and Red Heart "Soft Baby"
Colors: Sugarplum and Powder Pink

No comments: