Thursday, April 30, 2009

In Thee I Rest


A dear friend of mine has often quoted these simple words, and how very true they are:


Bear not a single care thyself;
One is too much for thee.
The work is Mine, and Mine alone;
Thy work, to rest in Me.

{ Hudson Taylor }

Psalms 16:9
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

Isaiah 30:15a For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength:

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

In the photo: A daisy floating in a birdbath during a sunrise in my grandma's garden in Iowa.

No comments: