Friday, September 10, 2010

Two Great Sermons

I recently listened to two different sermons which were just what I needed! The Lord has been dealing strongly with me about some things and He used these sermons to more deeply impress them into my heart. I needed them! They both challenged and encouraged me.

The sermons were preached at Bible Baptist Church of Fairbanks, Alaska, a church with a passion for souls and a heart for missionaries. This church has helped my family's ministry in tremendous ways and we are so grateful to God for them! They always go out of their way to make us feel welcomed and loved whenever we attend services there. I felt the Lord leading me to share the links to these sermons. The Lord knows who else needs to hear them. I pray you will take the time to listen to them and get a real blessing for your soul. Each is about 30 minutes long.

Pastor Doug Duffett

This is a sermon that will make your soul sing because God is just so good and gracious to us. That God gives His marvelous salvation to worthless sinners is more than we could ever hope for... yet He gives us so very much more! The riches of His grace are set as a feast before us.

Bro. Luke Bishop

We would do well to realize every morning, before we begin our day, and remember often throughout it, that "This is the day which the LORD hath made." The LORD has already made each day, preparing it to exactly suit our needs. We can choose to go our own way or we can submit to His will. When we have faith that He knows how our day should go better than we do, "we will rejoice and be glad in it." Knowing that every situation that may come up is foreseen and planned by our loving Lord will give us a quiet, settled peace and a joy that can't be shaken.

No comments: