Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hidden Wonders

A display of His love and marvelous wisdom,
God's beauty is everywhere...
surrounding our lives.

Around us.
As His grace embraces our lives.

Above us.
As high as His great faithfulness.

Especially beneath us.


Oh, the tundra is beautiful. So beautiful. I look out my window and the land looks so barren, drab, lifeless. But when I kneel upon the damp earth, God's beauty opens before my eyes, revealed to me like treasures that are hidden.   And indeed, camera in hand, I feel as though I am on a hunt for the most priceless treasures on earth... those which spring from the tundra. I feel desperate to find the beauty that I know is there. And I am always awed and delighted at the Creator's wisdom in placing such small, lovely flowers in such a harsh habitat.

If God so desired to place His beauties
in places where few would ever discover them
and appreciate them...
then surely He looks upon poor and needy sinners
in compassion without measure.

Who is like unto the LORD our God, 
who dwelleth on high
Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, 
and in the earth

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust,  
and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill; 

That he may set him with princes,  
even with the princes of his people. 

{ Psalm 113:5-8 }

But God, who is rich in mercy
for his great love wherewith he loved us
Even when we were dead in sins,
hath quickened us together with Christ
(by grace ye are saved;) 
And hath raised us up together, 
and made us sit together in heavenly places 
in Christ Jesus
That in the ages to come he might shew 
the exceeding riches of his grace
in his kindness toward us 
through Christ Jesus

{ Ephesians 2:5-7 }

God's truth fills my heart.
I can only wonder, "Why?"
as I ponder the awesome position my Savior,
Jesus Christ, has granted to me.

 That God should love a sinner such as I...

There is no answer for my "Why?"
this side of Glory.
So I can only sing,
Such love! Such wondrous love! 
for all my days to my Jesus.

(More photos God's beauteous tundra to be shared soon)

No comments: