Thursday, December 23, 2010

Why There's a Christmas Day

C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S


Another Christmas favorite!



Written by Eddy Arnold
Sung by Perry Como

When I was but a youngster,
Christmas meant one thing,
That I’d be getting lots of toys that day.
I learned a whole lot different
When Mother sat me down,
And taught me to spell Christmas this way:

"C" is for the Christ child, born upon this day, 

Kissing the Face of God by Morgan Weistling

"H" for herald angels in the night,

Good News by Tom Dubois

"R" means our Redeemer, 

The Hem by Simon Dewey

"I" means Israel,


"S" is for the star that shone so bright,


"T" is for three wise men, they who traveled far,


"M" is for the manger where he lay,


"A"’s for all He stands for,

For unto Us a Child Is Born by Simon Dewey

"S" means shepherds came,


And that’s why there’s a Christmas day.

No comments: