Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Quinhagak, Alaska | Hallelujah Chorus

This is wonderful!!! The Kuinerrarmiut Elitnaurviat fifth grade class in the little village of Quinhagak, Alaska (Bethel area) put together this AMAZING rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus. How original and honoring to the Lord it is! Thank God that the forgotten public schools of Alaska's little villages are able to get away with portraying the TRUE meaning of Christmas. Christmas carols such as Silent Night and Joy to the World are regularly sung during annual Christmas plays at my village's public school. That is unheard of in this corrupt age we live in!

I love how they shot the scenes all around their village. It's very similar to where I live! And the people -- oh, it touched my heart seeing the faces of so many people who live there. I wonder, is there a Gospel-preaching church in Quinhagak? Five hundred people in Quinhagak... how many are lost and living and dying without the Savior? Who will tell them? The pastor (located in Alaska) who shared this with us commented, "Try to look beyond the treatment of the 'papers' and see the faces. Tears will come."


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved it Naomi! Thank you SOO much for posting this video!! That was really special to watch. I'm going to post this on my own blog!!

Lord bless you!!:)