Monday, December 27, 2010

Made Free by Truth

Bro. Roman Gray

Did I ever need to hear this message today. I am certain that the Holy Spirit was in it because it definitely put me under heavy conviction about some sins in my life. Sins I struggle with on a daily basis that I have finally begun to get down to business with God about. Sins I have got to deal with God about every day from this point forward. I received three easy-to-remember points from this message which I believe will help me tremendously in the coming days of battle with this thing called self.
    1. Conspicuous Absence
    2. Constant Authority
    3. Continuous Activity
Three Biblical principles that I as a child of God need to put to practice! Listen to the message and the Spirit might just show you how they apply to you, also.

Having an appetite for sin is a sad fact about being a descendent of Adam. However, I have this promise from the Word of God: "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." (John 8:36) I am not set free from sin to be left to figure out how to stay free. I am made free. He completely delivers and restores me, and my Shepherd Himself leads me to the place of victory, protection and joy. 

Every day until I reach my Heavenly Home, God and I are going to have to deal with this struggle between my flesh and God's Holy Spirit within me. Between what I want to do and what God wants me to do. Furthermore, between what I want to do and what the authority God has placed over me wants me to do. Oh, I learned so much from this powerful message that HELPED me! I have struggled long and hard with these sins and I long to be free. The only way to victory is surrender. The devil has fooled me into believing I could justify my sins (which, by the way, to my human mind seem itty-bitty, but to the Holy Spirit are a grief!) Or I have thought that I could somehow overcome sins my way and still do what brings pleasure to self. The only -- the ONLY way to victory is death to self.

I thank God for putting this message into my ears today via the MP3 player I received as gift for Christmas. It's a gift that has blessed me already. I have come to the conclusion that this flesh needs a good preaching to on a daily basis. I am going to listen to this message again tomorrow and every day consecutively until I get every helpful truth out of it that God wants to give me. By God's grace I will not be a forgetful hearer but a doer of the Word!

I don't just want to win over sin. I want to win Christ. I want to win His approval over my every doing and thought and word. I want to know my Lord in deeper, fuller, richer ways. I want to be thirty and hungry and satisfied!

No comments: