Thursday, January 27, 2011

Turn in Hither

Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither.


By me thy days shall be multiplied, 
and the years of thy life shall be increased. 


If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: 
but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it. 

Proverbs 9:4, 11-12

The call of wisdom in the ninth chapter of Proverbs is the voice of the Lord, calling lost, straying men to His ways. "Turn in hither" is a call to repentance. Choosing to repent is not to our detriment but to our benefit! We gain length of days -- and days blessed of God, at that. The choice you make, whether to "turn in hither" or to continue on your merry way to destruction, has its consequences (Gal. 6:7-9). Heed His voice. Obey His will.

In the photo: My grandmother's beautiful garden (Iowa).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such a good verse to keep in mind as we go through life! Thanks for sharing, Naomi! I look forward to hearing from you sometime soon!!:)

Dakota said...

Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing and I'm glad I did! You have a pretty neat site going here, but you should really add the followers gadget so I can keep up with you in the future!

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
Dakota
www.nocondemnation81.blogspot.com