Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Scarlet Lace Shawl

Last month, I closed down my handwork blog, so from now on I plan to post about my crafty endeavors from this blog. I have many projects to catch up on eventually. Hope I don't bore anyone too much. =)

It is rare indeed that I have the opportunity to plan a project and "physically" look for yarn for said project at the same time. I usually have to order my yarn online, something that drives me mad because I have no idea what exactly I'm buying! =) Viewing a resolutionally-poor photo of yarn and seeing/feeling yarn in person are two entirely different experiences. Last summer, I found a booklet of knitting patterns in the yarn aisle at Fred Meyer's in Fairbanks. (Ha! Yes, I do spend a lot of time in that department whenever I shop.) It had a wonderful collection of patterns I knew I would use, and a beautiful lace shawl pattern in particular caught my attention. I was right there and nothing was stopping me from finding the perfect yarn for this lovely shawl. It made me glad. =)


This shawl took a good deal of time to complete but it was well worth it. It is so warm and cozy and it drapes beautifully. It feels like a dream! I gave this shawl as a Christmas gift to a dear lady who comes to church. Nothing make me happier than knitting something special for someone dear to my heart!


PATTERN DETAILS

Source: Knitting Made Easy by Red Heart (booklet available for download!)
Title: Garter and Lace Wrap
Yarn: Red Heart Soft
Color: Cherry Red

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful shawl, Naomi! Nice work!