Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thrifted: Crochet Afghan


Last summer, I was given some crocheted afghan pieces that a friend had bought at a yard sale for pennies. There was a good amount of needlework in three different styles and colors. Black with yellow and red which looked so awful, I pitched them. (chuckle) White with green and pale red; there's not quite enough pieces to make an afghan so I think I'll see how they go together as a pillow.

And lastly, as pictured, peach and purple. At first I was skeptical. The colors really didn't suit my taste. At least it would be a fun project, I thought. But once it started coming together, I couldn't believe how cute and cheerful it was! Just looking at it makes me smile.



I worked on it a bit throughout last week, managing to piece together three or four pieces. Saturday evening while we were watching a movie I decided I wasn't going to quit until I got it done. And about three hours later I did!


It's a rather small afghan -- about two-and-a-half by three feet, I'd say, and pieced together as four squares by five squares. I believe it is made in a basic granny square pattern. I wish I could thank the lady who put all the work and effort into it. I must say it was quite satisfying to finish such a large project in under four hours. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done, Naomi! I really like the colors. They are unsual but, they grow on one...:)

I received your email and am eagerly looking forward to part 2.;)

Lord bless you, Naomi!!:)