Saturday, April 16, 2011

Website Designing

I have been busy this week with web designing. After many months of hoping to "get around to it one of these days," I finally found a chance to redesign my family's ministry website. It was a long, arduous ordeal to get it to where I wanted it as I had to learn some new terms and techniques, such as FTP and DNS. It made me dizzy. =) But all the hours and effort I put into it was definitely worth it. Now it looks and works so much better. I hope it will be a blessing to the dear people who support our ministry.

Also, today I finished making a few changes to my blog. My pictures never seemed to fit quite right and, due to the resizing, had such poor quality. With a wider area for my posts and my "widgets" now in the footer, plus a welcome message in the header, I hope your visits to my little home on the web will be much more pleasant.

What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

Southern Sunrise said...

Your post brought back many memories of trying to design our my mom's website a couple years back. Don't you love all those terms?! :) FTP, IP...:) DNS was a new one to me-it made me curious, so I looked it up. :)
We have dial-up, so I never could get your family website to load all the way; it looks like you're doing a good job, though!

Unknown said...

Nice job and good work!:) It looks very nice!