Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Multitude of Counsellors

The righteous is delivered out of trouble
and the wicked cometh in his stead. 

Where no counsel is, the people fall: 
but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. 

Proverbs 11:8, 14

These verses are among my favorites in the book of Proverbs. They tell me I don't know it all. They tell that I need to depend upon the Godly people in my life to help guide me safely in the way I should go. I don't have to get into the trouble that other people face in life. I can avoid those destructive problems and their consequences if I heed the counsel given to me -- counsel given to me by my parents and other authorities, and counsel given to me from the testimonies of God's Word (Ps. 119:24). I also learn that I can never have too many wise counselors; the verse says multitude. I can be "delivered out of trouble" when a "multitude of counselors" are about me to keep me safe.

In the photo: Graceful, delicate little livelong saxifrage flowers and other tundra foliage I found yesterday in a refreshing shower of rain.

No comments: