Monday, July 4, 2011

I Am a Soldier!

Author Unknown

I am a soldier in the army of my God!

The Lord Jesus Christ is my Commanding Officer!

The Bible is my code of conduct!

Faith, prayer and the Word are my weapons of warfare!

I have been taught by the Holy Spirit, trained by experience, tried by adversity and tested by fire!

I am a  volunteer in this army and I am enlisted for eternity!

I will either retire from this army at the rapture or die in this army, but I will not get out, sell out, be talked out or pushed out! 

I am faithful, reliable, capable and dependable!

If my God needs me, I am there!

If He needs me to teach children in Sunday School, to work with youth, help adults, or just sit and learn, He can use me, because I am there!


I am a soldier! I am not a baby!

I do not need to be pampered, petted, primed, pumped up, picked up or pepped up!

No one has to call me, remind me, write me, visit me, entice me, or lure me!

I am a soldier!  I am not a wimp!

I am in place, saluting my King, obeying His orders, praising His name and building His kingdom!

No one has to send me flowers, gifts, food, cards, candy or give me handouts!

I don't need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for or catered to!


I am committed!

I refuse to have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around!

I refuse to be discouraged enough to turn me aside!

I will not lose enough to cause me to quit!

When Jesus called me into this army, I had nothing!

If I end up with nothing, I will still break even!



I will win!

My God will supply all my needs!

I am more than a conqueror -- I will eventually triumph!

I can do all things through Christ!

Devils cannot defeat me! People will not disillusion me!

Weather cannot weary me; sicknesses cannot stop me; battles cannot beat me!

Money cannot buy me! Governments cannot silence me!

And hell cannot handle me!

I am a soldier!



Even death cannot destroy me, for when my Commander calls me from this battlefield, He will promote me to captain and then bring me back to rule with Him!

I am a soldier in God's army.

I will never surrender to the enemy! I will never turn back!

I'm a soldier, marching heavenward, claiming victory as I go!

Here I stand! Will you stand with me?


To our men who have served our country in the past and are doing so today, thank you. May God bless and protect our men who have sacrificed so much to preserve our nation. And praise God for the faithful Christian soldiers who have committed themselves to our Lord Jesus Christ, the One who paid the ultimate price for our freedom!

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (II Chron. 7:14)

(All photos accessed via Google Images)

1 comment:

Miss Linda said...

May God grant me courage to remain faithful to Him come what may!