Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Snug Fingers and Toasty Toes

 

I've finished two more pairs of mittens recently. This pair is for my little sister. When she saw the rainbow of yarn colors I have to chose from, she asked if I would make her a different-colored pair. So, the rose-colored pair are set aside for a little girl in Moldova.

PATTERN DETAILS 

Title: Toasty Knitted Mittens
Yarn: Lion Brand "Cupcake" and "Baby Soft," and Red Heart "Soft Baby"
Colors: Sugarplum, Blue and White Pompadour (two strands together), and Powder Pink


These mittens are for my little brother, who, in fact, is much bigger than me. (chuckle) I had to increase the pattern quite a bit so they would fit his large hands. I was wondering what colors I could mix and match to create more masculine-looking mittens--it seemed all the coordinating yarn colors I had were frilly--so I'm glad these turned out well. =) 

PATTERN DETAILS 

Title: Toasty Knitted Mittens
Yarn: Lion Brand "Wool-Ease" and Baby Soft"
Colors: Oxford Gray, Navy, and Cream

 

Below are my dad's socks which I completed nearly a month ago. They required quite an amount of knitting as they reach the knee. I had never before made gussets nor had shaped a heel, so the first sock was a challenge. Once I got all the details figured out, though, I had so much fun making them! The second sock took only three days to complete. I highly recommend the book I followed (see details below). The precise photos and in-depth instructions were very helpful to me. 

PATTERN DETAILS

Source: Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd
Yarn: Lion Brand "Wool-Ease"
Colors: Oxford Gray and Forest Heather

No comments: