Saturday, January 1, 2011

Other Decorations {Christmas Blessings}


Christmas cards and stockings hanging in our stairway. A sweet elderly lady from Missouri knitted the stockings for my family several years ago. They each have our names and a word such as peace, joy, etc. on them. They're very special.


My mom loves snowmen. Her collection grows each Christmas. =)


My mom took a ceramics class before my siblings and I were born. I love this Nativity set! Didn't she do a beautiful job? (The picture in the back is of my Gammie [great-grandma] when she was just about my age. She's beautiful!)


Another Nativity scene



Dad's prize moose rack. What a story he has behind them!


Probably the simplest part of our Christmas decorations, but for some reason the Christmas cards we hang across a beam in our living room are my favorite.



The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay.


The mouse couple twirls and skates around the pond as music plays. It's so cute!


My Nana gave this Christmas countdown calender to my mom some years ago. The teddy bear looks all around the yard and house for Christmas and finally finds it on the 24th!


"He finally looked in the living room and there was Christmas!"


(Fake) Poinsettia =)


Drying orange peels and Christmas light bokeh -- so bright and pretty! Christmas is such a joyous time. It is behind us now, but the spirit of peace and God's goodwill toward men is ever present.

No comments: