Saturday, September 6, 2008

Patchwork Cow


I delightedly completed this adorable cross-stitch last night. I worked on it for a little over a month. I just love cows for some crazy reason -- I have ever since I was about twelve years old. I think it must be that dumb, silly look on their faces that appeals to me. =D I have a huge collection of stuffed cows, and I think when I have my own kitchen I'd like to decorate it in black-and-white cows and ox-eye daisies. =) Anyhow, when I happened upon this cute cross-stitch kit online one day, I couldn't resist! It was so much fun to work on. I adore the pretty patches in various designs: checkers, a red heart full of pink hearts, stars, polka-dots, stripes, triangles, and a rosebush. The blue bow completes this beautiful bovine's apparel.

I'm so glad I picked up cross-stitching for the reason that I can't draw for anything -- I can't even draw a decent stick figure. Ha, ha! Cross-stitching satisfies my desire to be pictorially creative, only in this case I use a needle and colorful thread rather than a brush and paint.

KIT DETAILS

Title: Patchwork Cow
Copyright: Dimensions, Inc.
Size: 7" x 5"
Time to complete: 1 month & 2 days

1 comment:

Naomi Ungry said...

Transferred from my previous blog

jamie in rose cottage said...

Cute! I need to pick mine back up. I did a few little ones, then tackled a big complicated one, and just had to take a break because it felt like I'd NEVER finish it!